Sunday, August 25, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TIM BURTON! ♥

Today's the 55th birthday of my favorite film director, film producer, writer, animator, and artist!


source

He's my inspiration, motivation, redemption, and escape from the harsh realities of life! I've watched almost all of his movies no matter how weird or senseless they could be. I love staring at his art works for hours and hours on end. My parents hate it when I watch some of his movies but I totally don't give a f*ck. His life story and works inspire me and bring out the best in me. My best friend  digs him too! HE'S AWESOOOOOOOOME.

 
 
 
  
Tim Burton Facts!

He has an interest in clowns, and his films will often include them or make reference to them.

Is a "Bollywood" fan.

Nearly everywhere he goes, he carries a pocket-size sketchbook and a small watercolor kit.

Usually dresses in black, because he doesn't like spending too much time matching colors.

He once said he never remembers his dreams, apart from five recurring dreams, one of them involving the girl he was in love with when he was a teenager and another involving his parents' bedroom.

Ranked #6 on Tropopkin's Top 25 Most Intriguing People [Issue #100].

Johnny Depp is a godfather of his son Billy Ray Burton.

Has his look-alike puppet in the French show "Les guignols de l'info".

He has a phobia of chimpanzees.

His childhood dream was to be in a monster costume wrecking Tokyo but since he couldn't be Godzilla he decided to be an animator.

Many of his films feature townspeople who misunderstand and/ordistrust the lead character.

Frequently features dead or dismembered dogs.

Plot often focuses around a misunderstood outcast.

At the end of Beetle Juice (1988), Beetlejuice metamorphoses into a bizarre creature with a merry-go-round on his head. On the top of this merry-go-round is a smiling skull which became Jack Skellington in The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993). The latter movie had been a pet project of Burton`s since his days as an animator at Disney.

Shares a birthday with Sean Connery.

Several of his films are based on drawings he made as a kid.

He directed a twisted ‘Hansel and Gretel’ for Disney.

Disney refused to release the original ‘Frankenweenie’.

He and his partner Helena Bonham Carter live in separate apartments.

He acted in films like ‘Singles’ and ‘Hoffa’.

He used to make short films in his backyard on Evergreen Street as a pre-teen.

He is an introspective person and was busy with painting, drawing and watching films.

His first big budget film is the Batman.

Tim Burton never really fit in with the crowd. He liked to hang out in his local graveyard.

He actually wrote to Vincent Price telling him he was a big fan and Vincent agreed to be the narrator of Tim Burton's first short. This sparked a relationship similar to the one displayed in Burton's "Ed Wood" between Ed Wood and Bela Lugosi.

He has directed two music videos: "Bones" and "Here With Me", both by American indie rock band The Killers.


REFERENCES:

http://www.22facts.com/tim-burton/
http://www.funtrivia.com/en/Celebrities/Burton-Tim-13980.html
http://thefw.com/tim-burton-facts/ 
Wikipedia

5 comments:

  1. It's his birthday? :D
    I'm sure Nightmare Before Christmas is the reason why I love dark alternative subcultures. I saw it when I was 5, as a little thing we got to watch in school before the holidays, and I searched for the movie for years after that, I loved it so much!
    And when I finally found it, it had a bonus of the original version of Frankenweenie OwO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's his birthday!
      Nightmare Before Christmas is, I guess, one of this most popular films. Many Goths love himmmm ♥

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday, Mr. Burton! You're the best! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting! you like tim burton too! I bought a small nightmare before Christmas stuffed too which I named tim back then. I lost him though but he was really, really cute!

    tim burton's movies may seem like totally fictional but they mirror the morbid realities of life, wouldn't you agree?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Jack stuffed toy tooooooooo :3 I'm holding him here http://littleblackbloodyhood.blogspot.com/2012/09/of-costrips-cosplays.html

      Yeahhhh, Tim Burton actually reflects himself and who he was when he was younger in his works, and yes in general, the morbid realities of life :3

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...